- This event has passed.
Join the Circle: American Indian Recruitment Event
March 21, 2013 @ 5:00 pm - March 22, 2013 @ 6:00 pm
The Graduate School, First Nations Graduate Circle, and the American Indian Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill will be hosting a recruitment weekend for prospective American Indian graduate students on Thursday March 21st and Friday, March 22nd, 2013. This a great time for undergraduate students (juniors and seniors) and others interested in advanced study at Carolina to find out more about graduate education.
- Opportunities to meet one-on-one with professors in your field of interest
- Information on applying to UNC Chapel Hill from UNC professors
- “A Day in the Life of a Carolina Graduate Student” with American Indian graduate students
- Sequoyah Distinguished Alumni Dinner, Lecture, & Reception on March 21
- Tours of campus and the Chapel Hill area
- Information on taking the GRE and funding for graduate students
- Networking with UNC faculty and staff (including Native faculty and staff)
Registration for the recruitment event is now open! Please see our website for more information on the program, including online registration, financial assistance application, and a schedule of events:
Early registration is recommended, especially if financial assistance will be requested since resources are limited and will be provided in the order received. The registration deadline for funding assistance is Feb. 15th; the registration deadline without funding assistance is March 8th.
Would you please post the enclosed flyers and extend our invitation to members of your organization and community? If you would like more information or your organization would like to help sponsor this event, please contact Sandra Hoeflich, Associate Dean, The Graduate School, at email firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 962-6323.
We look forward to welcoming your students to our campus!
Sandra Hoeflich, Associate Dean for Interdisciplinary Education, Fellowships and Communication
The Graduate School
Brooke Bauer, Elizabeth Ellis
First Nations Graduate Circle Co-Presidents
Amy Locklear Hertel
American Indian Center Director
Sponsored collaboratively by Carolina graduate and American Indian programs. Please see our website.