- This event has passed.
“Idle Know More” Teach-in
February 20, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
The panelists will discuss some contemporary and historical struggles that Indigenous peoples face in the US and potential strategies for acting in solidarity with First Nations in Canada. Also, how might non-Indigenous people engage with this movement? As we move from awareness to action, what are some ways we can rise up to assert Indigenous Nationhood?
- Jeff Corntassel, PhD (Cherokee Nation): Associate Professor, Indigenous Governance at the University of Victoria
- Chris Teuton, PhD (Cherokee Nation): Associate Professor of American Studies
- Liz Ellis (Peoria): PhD Candidate, Department of History
- Jami Powell (Osage Nation): Graduate Student, Department of Anthropology
- Ryan Comfort (KBIC Ojibwe): Graduate Student, School of Journalism
- AC Locklear (Lumbee): Class of 2013, President of Carolina Indian Circle
Follow/join the discussion on Twitter: @FNGCChapelHill; #UNCidleknowmore